Historic Colonial Mid-Hudson Valley 7 bedroom Estate
This historic estate once belonged to notorious bootlegger and racketeer Dutch Schultz who, in the 1930's ran the largest bootlegging enterprise on the East Coast from this property. A series of under ground tunnels originated from the basement of this house leading to out buildings where the moonshine was distilled and prepared for distribution. The operation came to an abrupt end after an FBI raid in 1932. This house can be seen in the following article "Tour the Dutchess farm that housed Dutch Schultz’s underground distillery" providing a historical perspective of the rich history surrounding this property.
Night time photos of gardens and up-lighting
- Wine cellar in basement plus wine bar in "hidden room"
- Large, gourmet chef's kitchen with custom cabinets, counters and matching stainless appliances
- Feature gas fire place
- All new HVAC system and 200AMP service
- Hardwood floors throughout entire house on all 3 floors
- All bathrooms completely updated, redone and tiled
- Professionally landscaped gardens surrounding the property
- Up-lighting and other exterior garden lights adding night time majestic appeal
- Replacement windows throughout
- New architectural shingles on house and barn