Historic Colonial Mid-Hudson Valley 7 bedroom Estate
This historic estate once belonged to notorious bootlegger and racketeerer Dutch Schultz who, in the 1930's ran the largest bootlegging enterprise on the East Coast from this property. A series of under ground tunnels originated from the basement of this house leading to out buildings where the moonshine was distilled and prepared for distribution. The operation came to an abrupt end after an FBI raid in 1932. This house can be seen in the following article "Tour the Dutchess farm that housed Dutch Schultz’s underground distillery" providing a historical view of the rich history surrounding this property.
Expected completion Summer 2019
- Wine cellar in basement, which in the 1930's was the entrance to a network of underground tunnels supporting an illegal moonshine operation run by legendary mobster, Dutch Schultz. Prior to the FBI raid in 1932 ending the enterprise, it was one of the largest bootlegging operations on the East Coast.
- Large, gourmet chef's kitchen with custom cabinets, counters and matching stainless appliances
- All new mechanical systems
- New Hardwood flooring and tile throughout all 3 finished floors
- Three updated and completely redone bathrooms
- New architectural shingles on house and barn